[Bonus Round] Runes Of War, Vacation Vexation, And DubSlider
[Bonus Round] Micro Miners, Ski Challenge 14, Crazy Horses: Unstabled, And Sports Car Challenge 2
[Bonus Round] Dark Project, Papa Pear Saga, And Pretentious Game
[Bonus Round] Savant Ascent, Heroes of Steel RPG, Never Alone Hotline, Island Of The Lizard King, And Little Inferno
[Bonus Round] Nightmare: Malaria, Sensei Wars, And Greedy Spiders Smash
- View All 248 Articles In This Series
Welcome to the latest entry in our Bonus Round series, wherein we tell you all about the new Android games of the day that we couldn't get to during our regular news rounds. Consider this a quick update for the dedicated gamers who can't wait for our bi-weekly roundups, and don't want to wade through a whole day's worth of news just to get their pixelated fix. Today we've got an impressively atmospheric survival horror game, a game that mixes Peggle and Angry Birds, and a game that's way too indie for you, man. Without further ado:
Survival horror games are a bit under-represented on Android, but Dark Project seems to hit all the high points of the genre. A nebulous and often unseen enemy? Check. Claustrophobic, oppressive, dark environments? Check. It borrows liberally from science fiction and top-down shooters, but if you're looking for a bit of creepy with your action gaming, this would seem to be a great choice. As the description says, playing with headphones and in the dark is recommended.
Play a star trooper sent to investigate the disappearance of a research team sent to the planet Deltora to determine the possibility of the planet being inhabitable. Upon you're arrival, you soon learn that something has gone horribly wrong and need to face the darkness equipped with weapons and your trusty flashlight and search for the team fighting off mutants and zombies.
- 11 Levels of mayhem and darkness.
- Investigate the inner workings of the Deltora complex.
- 5 Different weapons to master.
- Collect weapons or purchase them from in game kiosks with credits.
- Exterminate monsters with varying degrees of difficulty.
Papa Pear Saga
A sickeningly cute presentation goes well with puzzle games, and that holds true for Papa Pear Saga. Mixing elements of old-fashioned Pachinko and Angry Birds, you'll need both skill and luck to get through over a hundred levels. If you're low on either (or both), the game will try to upsell you some extra lives and fancy moves via in-app purchases. Still, for a time-killer you could do much worse.
Take aim and unleash Papa Pear to bounce and boing his way through the wonderfully wacky levels of this unique puzzle game. Please note Papa Pear Saga is completely free to play but some in-game items such as extra moves or lives will require payment. Join Papa Pear on a journey through more than 100 levels filled with fruity pegs, hazelnuts and crazy chillies. Exciting adventures await you in the Fruity Forest, the Great Pearamids and beyond.
Some of the current crop of indie games really love to deconstruct the conventional ideas of gaming... and don't they just know it. Now we've come full circle, a deconstruction of the deconstruction, with the appropriately-titled Pretentious Game. If you can handle the meta, it's got a lot of recommendations from the usual suspects. Those who can't take a joke (or who need more pomp and circumstance) should look elsewhere.
Have you ever realized how words are important? And how they can drive our emotions? Enjoy the uncluttered and peculiar aesthetics of Pretentious Game and plunge wholeheartedly into a poetic and deep story. Follow the adventures of a blue square passionately in love with his pink sweetheart, and help him bring his feelings to light. Read between the lines of Pretentious Game to progress through the story, and let your feelings overcome you…
Be sure to check out our gaming coverage from earlier this week:
- [New Game] Scotchy Scotch Toss Stars Anchorman Ron Burgundy Blabbering As You Fling Ice Cubes Into His Glass Of Scotch
- [New Game] Dokuro Is A Platformer About An Animated Skeleton, A Princess, And Charcoal
- [New Game] Assassin's Creed Pirates Sails Into Google Play On Schedule With A Shipment Of Real-Time Naval Combat
- [New Game] Hack, Jump, Slash, And Repeat In The Latest Release From Crescent Moon Games 'Clash Of Puppets'
- [New Game] DotEmu's Double Dragon Trilogy Hits Android With Mobile-Optimized Gameplay, A Remastered Soundtrack, And More
- [New Game] EA Releases Heroes Of Dragon Age, A Multiplayer Squad-Based Tactics Game With Hundreds Of Collectible Characters
- [New Game] Armor Games Mixes Old-School RPG And RTS Elements With Warlords