If you're often hitting the trail, en route for parts unknown, the TripIt app/service might be a thing you're familiar with. This is a way to keep your flights, reservations, and everything else straight when you're on the road. The app has just gotten a big update to make that even easier.
The updated TripIt app seems mostly designed to make it easier to access the data attached to your journey. Here's the full changelog:
- Introducing landscape view & a refreshed dashboard design for Android phones.
- Maps and directions now open in-app for phones and tablets.
- TripIt can pull travel plans directly from your inbox. Auto import is even easier to set up and available for more email domains.
- Manage your account more easily - "About" and "Settings" pages have been streamlined.
- Past trips are now available on tablets.
- Various bug fixes.
- In-app maps for phones and tablets. For tablets, in-app directions, too.
There are free and pro versions of TripIt, with the latter doing away with the ads. TripIt also sells a premium subscription service with real-time flight data.