[Bonus Round] Dumb Ways To Die, Brave Bit, And Yeti On Furry
[Bonus Round] Orborun, Excalibur: Knights Of The King, Cavemania, And NFL Runner: Football Dash
[Bonus Round] Six O'Clock High, Edge Of The World, And Jungle Rampage
[Bonus Round] GA8: Curse Of The Assassin, Pocket Ninjas, Pocket Trains, Deer Hunter 2014, And Guns'n'Glory Zombies
[Bonus Round] Autumn Dynasty, Gangster Granny, Chainsaw Warrior, And Orris HD
- View All 253 Articles In This Series
Welcome to the latest entry in our Bonus Round series, wherein we tell you all about the new Android games of the day that we couldn't get to during our regular news rounds. Consider this a quick update for the dedicated gamers who can't wait for our bi-weekly roundups, and don't want to wade through a whole day's worth of news just to get their pixelated fix. Today we've got a 2D WWI dogfight shooter, a pirate shuffleboard game (yes, really), and an excellent example of why you don't give guns to monkeys. Without further ado:
Six O'Clock High
I'm a sucker for good atmosphere, and Six O'Clock High has it in spades... or perhaps more appropriately, aces. The gameplay is a lot like Mini Squadron: a 2D playing field with lots of enemy planes to shoot down, rotated 90 degrees from your typical shoot-em-up so that there are plenty of loops and Immelmann turns. This game gives the whole affair a World War One makeover, complete with biplanes and some basic 3D graphics. The huge bosses are especially impressive.
Six O'Clock High is a chaotic new aerial dogfighting game. Take to the skies with super easy and intuitive controls, luscious unique graphics and a thirst for gunpowder! It's all about becoming an aerial ninja by piloting your plane throughout waves of increasingly skilled enemies. The best fighter aces will be sent against you, do you have what it takes to win the day? Earn upgrade points after each wave to spend on 14 different aircraft upgrades. From titanium armour and rockets to eye exams and a full English breakfast. Yes you read that correctly.
Edge of the World
Pirates are better than zombies in just about every way. Better scenery, better music, and best of all, pirates haven't been done to death in every facet of pop culture yet. Edge of the World takes the high seas theme and applies it to shuffleboard, with surprisingly fun results: you've got to fling your ship towards the flat edge of the planet, getting the most points without falling off. The sound effects as the various themed pirates fall off the edge should elicit a few chuckles.
The 1st and only Award Winning ship shuffle board game in the world! Take turns launching your ships to the Edge of the World! Challenge your friends to a local or online game, and see who can score the most points and win! And best of all, it's free!
• Single Player, Pass and Play, & Multiplayer come free with the game!
• Addictive online turn based gameplay
• Invite friends to a match by username or through Facebook
• Five unique captains & ships to choose from
• Captains come with their own special powers and abilities
• Tons of skins to choose from to make sure you stand out online
• Unlock custom avatars
• Stunning HD graphics
As both Charlton Heston and Eddie Izzard can attest, things always go downhill after the monkeys find the guns. Jungle Rampage is a pretty basic shoot-em-up that combines Gun Bros with Ape Escape. You've got a collection of upgradeable weapons that can be dual-wielded, plus armor and various stat boosts. Gameplay and graphics are pretty basic, but you should be able to get a few minutes of damn dirty fun out of it.
Who's toughest, an angry gorilla with a machine gun or an army of cyborg chimps with lasers? There's only one way to find out... FIGHT! Your gorilla is on the rampage, hunting for gold and nothing is going to stop him.
- Lots of chimp busting weapons to enjoy
- Jump, dodge and destroy everything that moves
- Hunt for gold, guns, grenades, armour, anything you can find
- Different lands to conquer
- Discover secret bonus chambers full of goodies
This heart pumping, addicting game can be enjoyed in glorious HD and is brought to you by the Geek Beach team.
Be sure to check out our gaming coverage from earlier this week:
- [New Game] Kongregate Releases Sheep Happens, A Zany Endless Runner That Knows Those Fluffy Mammals Can't Be Trusted
- [New Game] FIFA 14 For Android Finishes Rollout, Should Now Be Available All Over The Globe
- Incredipede Review: A Little Bit Creepy, But A Lot Of Fun
- [New Game] The Secret Of Space Octopuses Combines 2D Platforming, Physics Puzzles, And Exploration
- [New Game] Pivvot Is A 'Strategic Avoidance' Game With The Potential To Rob You Of Your Sanity
- OUYA Update Adds Better Game Organization And Support For Pounds And Euros, External Storage Is Coming Eventually