Earlier today, Google announced a pretty significant update to the Google+ app for Android. Version 4.1, which follows 4.0.2, brought the following new features:
- Google Drive Photos integration, including viewing, easier sharing, and auto-awesome/auto-enhance.
- Account switching without having to log out.
- Better location sharing controls.
- Google+ified swipe-down-to-refresh (like Gmail, except with funky fresh Google+ colored bars).
- Messenger extermination (finally, the Messenger menu item is gone).
- Google Apps for Business support.
- Update #1: G+ Photos gets its own icon in your app drawer.
Unfortunately for us, eager users, the update is staged. Very staged - from what I can tell, almost nobody has received it so far. Fortunately, someone has, and they've forwarded the apk to us. Just download and install it as you would normally - it'll update your Google+ to 4.1 in no time.
And now, some screenshots of the new stuff:
Update #1: G+ Photos gets its own icon in your app drawer:
v126.96.36.199809204, 17.7 MB (18,663,150 bytes), MD5 da216e8986fc82b8b6dadc119ff5f270: