AT&T announced a few new LTE markets today, along with expanded cover in a handful of others. The respective areas are listed below, with expansions in italics and the specific areas which the expansion covers in parentheses.
- Florence-Muscle Shoals, AL
- Tuscaloosa, AL
- Gallup, NM
- Brownsville-Harlingen, TX
- McAllen, TX
- Tri-Cities, WA
- Salinas-Seaside-Monterey, CA expansion (King City)
- Atlanta, GA expansion (Fayette County)
- Atlanta, GA expansion (Alpharetta, north Fulton County)
- Boston, MA expansion (New Bedford)
- Athens, OH expansion (Hocking County)
- Allentown-Bethlehem, PA expansion (Easton) - Note: Market name now Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton.
- Providence, RI expansion (Providence & Kent Counties)
- Cheyenne/Laramie, WY expansion (several cities)
AT&T also provided a nice little infographic (we'll spare you the scrolling) with some interesting stats about the US's 2nd-largest LTE network. Seems that AT&T's LTE will cover the vast majority of Americans by year-end 2014, which is something to look forward to.
AT&T was also recently rated the nation's fastest LTE network (again), though I find its overall coverage still lags significantly behind Verizon's.