Welcome to the Android Police Podcast, Episode 55.
Don't forget - the Android Police Podcast's live broadcast is every Thursday at 5PM PST (www.androidpolice.com/podcast). The unedited video version of the podcast can be found here - and will likely include various verbal expletives, technical snafus, tangents, and probably a good 5-10 minutes of pre-podcast banter as we prepare. Watch at your own risk!
Subscribe to the Android Police Podcast:
- Matthew Smith, Host
- Bob Severns, Editor, A/V
- Cameron Summerson, Co-host
- Eric Ravenscraft, Co-host
- Liam Spradlin, Co-host
- T-Mobile activates its new LTE network and launches some new service plans all at once. But don't call them contracts.
Android at Arms
- Google promises not to sue over, like, a couple patents. But you guys have to promise to never sue Google for anything ever, okay? Cool? Cool.
- Google may be working on a smart watch. Then again, Google may be working on a lot of things.
- New Nexus 4s rolling out have some tiny changes, like a smaller camera hole and little "nipples." You can bring your own joke on this one.
- The Google+ app gets a new coat of sexy.
- Play Movies now recognizes faces, will allow you to find Jack Black in the Play Store.
- If Liam's predictions are accurate, cards are the new buttons
- AT&T pre-orders for the Galaxy S 4 begin on April 16th for $249 with a 2-year contract, while T-Mobile will have a full launch on May 1st.
- HTC, meanwhile, will launch the One in the Europe, North America, and Asia-Pacific by the end of April.
- HTC IS NO LONGER QUIETLY BRILLIANT. MAYBE YOU GUYS COULDN'T HEAR IT BEFORE. THAT'S WHY YOU DIDN'T BUY THE ONE X, RIGHT? TOO QUIET?
- The Sony Xperia ZL has a price and street date in the U.S.. You can find it here if you'd like.
- Sprint may or may not be killing the Optimus G.
- Device Updates: LG Optimus G gets 4.1.2 on Bell, Rogers, & TELUS; ASUS pushes 4.1.1 to the Padfone; T-Mobile's Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 gets 4.1.2; Sprint's Epic 4G Touch gets Jelly Bean; Verizon's Stratosphere gets Jelly Bean; AT&T announces 4.1 for Galaxy Express; Sony rolls out Jelly Bean to the Xperia TX
- Look, Chromebook Pixel. Cameron likes you. Like! He likes you. There's a lotta things about him you don't know anything about, Pixel. You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like Cam. He's a loner, Pixel. A rebel.
- This game is freaking me the PUK out.
- Action Launcher has one of the coolest ways of putting widgets on your home screen.
In Other News
The MiiPC is an Android-powered, kid-friendly device that is totally not going to get sued by Nintendo.
MakerBot and Ouya team up to let you print your own console cases, prompting our own Matt Smith to suggest a TARDIS-shaped print-out in what may be one of the best ideas ever put forth on our show.