MetroPCS, the not-yet-T-Mobile-company, just announced its newest 4G LTE handset this morning, the Huawei Premia 4G. Sounds fancy, no? Don't worry – it's just OK. But for $150, you can't expect it to be a GS4.
And a GS4 it isn't. What is it, though, is a decent mid-ranger with some specs that should live up to its buck-fiddy price tag:
- 4-inch 480x800 display with Gorilla Glass
- 1.5GHz dual-core processor
- 1GB RAM
- 5MP rear shooter, 1.3MP front camera
- Android 4.0
Nothing super special about this one, but if you're looking for a decent mid-ranger and LTE without a contract, this may be a good way to go.
The Premia 4G is available beginning today in stores and online.
MetroPCS Continues to Deliver Value and Versatility with the
Huawei Premia™ 4G
MetroPCS’ second Huawei 4G LTE smartphone packs high performance and design into affordable package
DALLAS (March 21, 2013) – MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE: PCS) and Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, are giving consumers another great option to keep up with friends and family with a new powerful, yet affordable, 4GLTE smartphone – the Huawei Premia™ 4G – available for only $149.
This latest addition to MetroPCS’ extensive lineup of 4GLTE smartphones includes all the features for an exceptional mobile experience, including:
· 4.0-inch Corning Gorilla Glass™ screen displays a crystal-clear picture
· 1.5GHz dual-core processor and 1GB RAM for effortless multitasking
· 5.0 megapixel auto-focus camera with rear-facing LED flash for improved pictures
· Video recording and playback to capture life’s special moments
· Android 4.0 operating system (Ice Cream Sandwich)
· joyn™ by MetroPCS capability delivers a unified and intuitive way to communicate and share with friends and family with enriched services like video calling and Wi-Fi calling, integrated instant messaging or chat, image, video and file sharing. The official joyn app can be downloaded via Google Play and the @metro App Store™ and is included with any 4G LTE rate plan.
MetroPCS offers consumers unmatched value when pairing the Premia 4G with any of the simplified 4GLTE rate plans, which begin at $40 per month and offer unlimited talk, text and data – all applicable taxes and regulatory-fees included. Great services like MetroPCS 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot and Rhapsody unlimited on-demand music are available for low additional monthly charges, with Rhapsody offered at the best deal in town for just $5 per month.