If you're a Swype Beta user, the popular finger-dragging keyboard has received a significant update, to version 1.4.5 today. This new release basically just makes things better: smart editor has been improved, the keyboard launches more quickly in web browsers, advanced language models have been been enhanced, and a handful of smaller fixes and tweaks are in tow.
Swype Beta v18.104.22.16837
- Implemented a number of Smart Editor improvements and resolved some compatibility issues
- Improved keyboard launch responsiveness in web browsers
- Advanced Language Models improved for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Korean
- Improved logic surrounding Language Downloads
- S-Note: Resolved some instances where text would be duplicated
- Plus many more bug fixes and overall enhancements!
- S-Note: Edit gestures and edit buttons may not work correctly in this app with certain tablets
- French: Delete key is inconsistent for words that begin with contractions
- Polaris Office: Sometimes after swyping, the word choice list displays incorrectly.
The OTA update should be heading out to beta users in the next 72 hours.