The pace at which Samsung is pushing out Galaxy S III Jelly Bean updates is picking up steam in Europe with the much anticipated arrival of Android 4.1.1 for unbranded UK handsets. The Brits aren't the only ones getting it today - in fact, the list is quite sizeable. Here, check it out:
- UK unbranded
- Switzerland unbranded
- Luxemburg unbranded (update: supposedly, Belgian S IIIs use the same version too)
- Denmark (Three)
- Bulgaria (Mobiltel)
- Romania (Cosmote)
- Ireland (Meteor, Vodafone)
- Czech Republic (O2)
- Sweden (Tre)
- Croatia (Vipnet)
Not bad at all - looks like the next platform distribution update won't be as depressing. Congratulations to everyone who is now able to enjoy Jelly Bean and Google Now.
The history of Jelly Bean OTAs for the S III follows:
- October 22: unbranded in Germany and France; Bouygues in France.
- October 22: O2 in UK and Ireland; Vodafone in UK, Italy, Czech Republic, and Germany.
- October 18: Hutchison Whampoa companies (Three, 3, H3G) in Italy, UK, Ireland, and Austria; Swisscom in Switzerland.
- October 17: SFR in France; Vodafone in Spain and Romania; A1 in Austria; unbranded in Spain
- October 15: Sweden (unbranded or Telenor, it's not clear - the CSC for the release is VDS)
- September 24: unbranded in Poland
Thanks to Martin for the screenshot of his Danish S III