The American Red Cross has been releasing a series of apps to help people deal with disasters. We've already seen apps dedicated to hurricanes and earthquakes, as well as one for first aid. The fourth app in the series just hit he Play Store, and this one's designed to keep people safe during a wildfire.
Much like the Hurricane and Earthquake apps, Wildfires can alert users of nearby fires and offer quick ways to stay safe:
Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after an wildfire, even if no data connectivity.
• Get notified about current wildfires or wildfire-conducive weather.
• Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
• Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
• Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
• Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
• Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
• Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your wildfire knowledge with interactive quizzes.
• See an illustrated history of wildfires in your area.
Wildfires is, of course, free in the Store. If you live in an area prone to fires, this one's a must have.