Welcome to the Android Police Podcast, Episode 26. Don't forget - the Android Police Podcast's live broadcast is every Thursday at 5PM PST. (www.androidpolice.com/podcast). This week, we're talking Kindle Fires and RAZRs.
Subscribe to the Android Police Podcast:
- Matthew Smith, Host
- Bob Severns, Editor, A/V
- Cameron Summerson, Co-host
- David Ruddock, Co-host
- Eric Ravenscraft, Co-host
- T-Mobile now has an unlimited data plan that is actually unlimited, as opposed to the limited unlimited data plans they still offer. There's an Eagles joke in here somewhere.
- AT&T has more LTE in more exciting places, like Bakersfield, California. Shudder.
- An unknown HTC phone shows up on blurrycam, we speculate.
- A Nexus 7 with 3G might be coming. Or it might not.
- Someone at Sony probably got yelled at this week.
Android at Arms
- Apple something Galaxy S III something something patents something something lawsuit.
- Eric Schmidt says 1.3 million Android devices are now being activated per day, Skynet self-awareness imminent.
- Sony has released the binaries for the Xperia S, and given my knowledge on this sort of thing, I'm just imagining a bunch of little zeroes and ones being let out of a cage.
- Kindle Fire
- The New Old Kindle Fire: It's newer, and better..er!
- The Kindle Fire HD: 7 or 8.9 inches, $200 or $300. That's hot.
- The Kindle Fire HD 4G LTE: Because one acronym is never enough.
- Pre-orders for Kindle Fires are live.
- The new Kindle OS - now with more features to make you forget about all the ones you're losing.
- Motorola RAZRpalooza
- Motorola will give you $100 if you stop being upset that your old phone isn't getting Jelly Bean.
- The RAZR M: It almost doesn't have a bezel, so you should almost be excited about it.
- DROID RAZR HD and MAXX HD: CAPITALIZE ALL THE THINGS!
- DROID RAZR M and RAZR HD Developer Edition, with unlocked bootloader goodness.
- Roger is doing something with a RAZR in Canada or something.
- RAZR M to get Intel processor in UK, which is sort of like putting an experimental jet turbine in a Ford Fiesta - good or bad, it'll probably be entertaining to watch.
- The Note II on T-Mobile, we saw it coming a mile away. But so do most people.
- Do you want to watch some guy talk about the Galaxy Note II for 13 minutes? No? Then don't click this link.
- Sony wants to be a "premium" Android tablet manufacturer. Good luck with that, guys.
- CyanogenMod 9 now available for the One X.
- Device Updates: Sprint Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S, Galaxy Tab 10.1 (T-Mobile).
Rovio is launching a sequel to Angry Birds. If it doesn't involve actually shooting the birds, I'm not on board with this.