SwiftKey is a fan favorite keyboard replacement for Android. Enthusiasts, though, know there's always a better SwiftKey out there. The current beta, named SwiftKey 3, is currently being put through its paces by the community, and yet another iteration has rolled out that brings some marked improvements to the input alternative.
Among the improvements:
- Improved prediction algorithms
- Better, more consistent punctuation key behavior
- Smarter Smart Space functionality (which will make it easier to enter email addresses etc)
- A refined experience in Google Chrome Beta
- Fixed missing predictions on the longpress of @ and .com
- Improved gestures
- Eliminated lag on letter pop-ups
- Various other minor bug fixes and usability improvements
The update brings extra improvements to an already fantastic keyboard replacement. If you want to try out the new version, you can download the apk from SwiftKey's site here. Keep in mind, despite a solid foundation and a bunch of improvements, this is still a beta, so if you have any problems, be sure to head to the company's VIP forums to make sure someone hears about them.