T-Mobile just updated its support page for the Samsung Galaxy S II with details of an OTA update that should be rolling out right now. Before you get your hopes up, though, there's some bad news: it's not ICS. It's just an incremental Gingerbread update that brings a handful of enhancements and improvements:
Android version 2.3.6 / Software version T989UVLDE
- Android version 2.3.6 / Software version T989UVLDE
- Over-The-Air Update (32.3 MB)
- Approved 5/21/12
- Random reboot/power off fixed
- Device stability improvements
- Qualcomm chip patch
- Google Security fixes
- Android version 2.3.6 / Software version T989UVKL1 update
- At least 50% battery life
The update should be available right now and will complete its rollout on June 22. To see if the update is available on your device, head into Settings > Software Update.
Update 5/23: T-Mobile posted the following update regarding OTA and Kies availability:
The software update will be available OTA and Kies after May 23. The update will continue until June 22.