It's been a while since VZW showed any love to Thunderbolt owners, but that doesn't mean that it has forgotten about them completely. In fact, we just received a leak of a new build that brings some fixes and enhancements to Big Red's first LTE device.
Here's a look at what's new in this build:
- CMAS (Commercial Mobile Alert System) support added
- IPv6 over eHRPD
- Mobile Hotspot disconnecting
- Previous state ID being displayed on incoming call
- Viewing Yahoo email with mail app – body of message disappears
- Support for Cisco Any Connect VPN
- VZNav version updated (184.108.40.206)
- Volume adjusted when in HAC mode
- URL for VVM updated
- Birthday mismatch while adding birthday and saving to contacts BUA+ updates
- Device stability, resets
- Retry for abnormal picture download for Facebook
Download and Flash
First things first, you're going to need the download.
Once that's finished, here's how to flash it:
- After downloading it, rename it to "PG05IMG.zip" Note: If you're doing this from a Windows machine, make sure you don't rename the file "PG05IMG.zip.zip," as Windows hides known file extensions by default.
- Drop the file on the root of the SD Card
- Turn off your device
- Hold Volume Down + Power to reboot into the bootloader -- the file should automatically be detected and the flashing process will begin.
- Wait for your device to complete the process and reboot
...and you're done. Let us know how it goes in the comments. Enjoy!
Thanks, Jack the Rapper!