A little over two months ago, AT&T released Gingerbread for the Samsung Infuse 4G. Turns out that it had some "issues," so the update was yanked, leaving many users with half-functional devices and others update-less.
After taking the update back to the lab and Frankensteining on it for a while, Samsung has now made available the new build (UCLB3 for those who are into knowing that sort of thing) for Infuse 4G owners. Like with most Samsung updates, you'll need a copy of Kies Mini to pull the update. Once you have that, connect your phone, select 'Kies (Firmware Update), and the rest should be easy peasy.
- Improved Copy and Paste functionality
- Redesigned Multi Touch Software Keyboard
- Download manager for long running HTTP downloads
- Improved power management and application control
- Notification Shade: "Flight Mode" added ("Silent" removed)
- New Fonts options added include Choco Cooky, Cool Jazz, Rosemary
- Keyboard Changes: Android Keyboard with Wider Spaced keys and Quick Keys at the top
- New Widgets: The name of the content provider will be listed on the widget list along with the widget name. Previously only the widget name was provided.
- New Widget: Traffic (Android) added to list of available widgets
- Menu Changes/New Apps: Downloads and Google Books added new, Promotional pre-load of Angry Birds removed.