The New York Times just released a new app to the Market that exclusively covers anything and everything going on in the world of politics, with a focus on the upcoming election. The app, simply called "NYTimes Election 2012" is a must have for NYT subscribers who want to keep up with the latest political happenings, as it offers some useful features:
- News grouped by topic so you can quickly and easily find the topics that you care about
- Latest stories are highlighted with a red dot, making it easy to find the latest news at a glance
- Live election results and country-by-country maps
- Vote projections
- A database of polling results
- Candidate pages with updates, bios, and stats
- Primary calendar
- Editorials, etc. from the Times' opinion pages
- Videos and slideshows from the campaign trail
Unfortunately, this app does require a subscription to the New York Times, but if it sounds like something you're interested in, you can gain full access to the app for $0.99 for the first four weeks.
Hit the widget below to grab the download.