The first Droid-branded tablet duo, the Droid Xyboard 10.1 and 8.2, are both in line to receive an update from Big Red. The OTA includes basically the same features for both:
- Enhanced browser performance to improve scrolling.
- Improved touch response.
- Maintain data connection when switching between Wi-Fi and the Verizon 3G and 4G LTE networks.
- Successfully connect to 4G LTE network and see the 4G LTE indicator.
- The Daily application now comes preloaded.
- Device is now capable of Global Roaming.
Email & Messaging
Successfully open links in email without device needing to reboot.
Keyboard function supported in docking station.
There is one notable difference: the Xyboard 10.1's "improved touch response" also includes stylus enhancements. Otherwise, the update brings the same fixes to both tablets, and, if you notice, also enables global roaming on the pair, making them Verizon's first 4G LTE tablets to be able to travel abroad without issues. Oh, and there's some bloatware, too.