Motorola Atrix 2 owners on AT&T are receiving an OTA update to v55.13.25, by AT&T reckoning. In Android versions, that would be 2.3.6, so sorry - no Ice Cream Sandwich for you, yet. Before your hopes are completely dashed, though, here are the full release notes:
- Camera: Enhancements to deliver better overall picture taking experience so you never miss a moment
- Google Music: Addition of Google Music application so you have greater access to the world of music. Shop millions of songs and hundreds of free tracks. Store your purchases on Google Music for free, and listen instantly on your mobile device.
- My Gallery, My Music, My Files: Re-naming of Motorola Gallery, Music, and Files applications for easy access in the Applications Tray
- Device Security: Enhancements to deliver greater device security, including addition of Android security patches from Google and Cisco Any Connect VPN enablers.
- Emergency Alerts:
Enhancement to allow you to receive emergency alerts from authorities such as Hurricane warning notifications.
- Amazon Kindle: Enhancement to include link to app for quick and easy method to access your library of Amazon digital books as well as access to the entire Amazon library.
- AT&T Messages: Enhancement to include link to app for quick and easy method to give you access to all of your texts, calls and messages which have been stored in the cloud.
- Keyboard: Improvements to keyboard functionality for better email experience
- Mobile Hotspot: Improved stability for better overall performance
- Webtop: Enhancements to improve stability and better overall performance
For the lazy, here are the highlights: the camera is improved, Google Music is finally available, the keyboard is better, the Webtop software should be more stable, and now there's an Emergency app that will let you know if there's a hurricane, tsunami, or Ronald Emmerich movie nearby.
Unfortunately, there's no word yet on when the Atrix 2 is going to receive an update to Ice Cream Sandwich. Motorola's Software Upgrade page doesn't even list the Atrix 2 among the models with updates planned. It's unclear how recently this page has been updated, however. The page makes mention of Ice Cream Sandwich, but the WiFi-only Xoom is still listed as running 3.2, not the 4.0 that we know it's running.
Keep your fingers crossed, Atrix 2 owners. Your time will come soon enough. Hopefully. Probably.