One of the hottest gadgets of this holiday season, the Transformer Prime (see our preview and review), is scheduled to be released the week of December 19th - that would be any day now starting today. In anticipation of the launch, Amazon re-launched pre-orders for all four color/size combinations after they went dark, disappeared completely, and even got cancelled in some cases shortly after the first wave was sold out.
Update #1: ASUS issued the following statement today:
ASUS started filling the inventory pipelines this past week for our new Eee Pad Transformer Prime and will continue to do so on an expedited basis for the foreseeable future.
We will reach normal inventory levels in January for the North American market based on current orders and forecasts. Based on forecasted supply schedules to our valued partners we expect pre-order allocation fulfillment to occur shortly and online or in-store availability in the very near future.
We will continue to work closely with our partners to fill customer orders as quickly as possible.
Update #2: All models are sold out once again. We'll monitor the situation and update the post as necessary.
Update #3 12/20/11: All models are now available for order yet again, including the keyboard docks. Availability is currently set at 4-7 weeks, which may change depending on how fast ASUS can deliver the goods to Amazon.
Here they are:
- TF201-B1-GR - 32GB Amethyst Gray
- TF201-B1-CG - 32GB Champagne
- TF201-C1-GR - 64GB Amethyst Gray
- TF201-C1-CG - 64GB Champagne
- TF201-DOCK-GR - Keyboard Dock in Amethyst Gray
- TF201-DOCK-CG - Keyboard Dock in Champagne
Additionally, every Transformer Prime order comes with a free one-day shipping option:
The one-day shipping cost for select products will then be deducted from your order total on the final checkout page.
Here's how (restrictions apply)
For those in need of a spec recap, it's coming right up:
- 10.1-inch SuperIPS + display with Gorilla Glass
- 1.3GHz quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 Processor with 12-core GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 32GB or 64GB internal storage with microSD card slot
- microHDMI port
- 8MP F2.4 rear shooter with continuous flash for video recording, 1.2MP front camera (1080p camcorder!)
- 8.33mm thin
- 586g (1.29 lbs.)
- 12 hour battery life playing 720p video, 18 hours with keyboard dock
- Metallic spun finish
- Two available colors: Amethyst Gray and Champagne Gold (show below, respectively)
- Android 3.2.1 - will be updated to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) as soon as possible after release
- $499 for 32GB model, $599 for 64GB, and $149 for the dock
Now all we need is that "Temporary out of stock" blurb to change to "In Stock" in my favorite pleasant green.
Thanks, Zachary Rodriguez and others!