Welcome to the weekly roundup of the best new Android applications, games, and live wallpapers that went live in the Market or were spotted by us in the previous 2 weeks or so.
This edition focuses only on new tablet apps or ones that added Honeycomb support. Regular apps and games are coming soon.
Adobe Photoshop Touch
Transform images with core Photoshop features in an app designed for tablets. Combine images, apply professional effects, share results with friends and family through sites like Facebook, and more – all from the convenience of your tablet.
• Use Photoshop features designed for the tablet such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters to create mind-blowing images.
• Use your tablet camera to fill an area on a layer with the exclusive camera fill feature.
• Select part of an image to extract by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With Refine Edge, use your fingertip to capture even hard-to-select image elements, like hair, with ease.
• Search and acquire images with the integrated Google Image Search.
• Share images on Facebook and view comments right within the app.
• Browse an inspirational gallery for the styles and results you'd like to achieve. Then follow step-by-step tutorials to easily learn techniques the pros use for great-looking results.
• Sync projects with Adobe Creative Cloud* and open layered files from Adobe Photoshop Touch in Photoshop.
• Image resolution: 1600 x 1600 pixels
Learn more about Adobe Photoshop Touch and other Adobe Touch Apps: http://www.adobe.com/go/touchapps
Android Police review: [Review] Adobe Kuler Is Much More Than A Simple Color Wheel
Adobe Kuler lets you generate color themes that can inspire any design project. Adobe Kuler is the most powerful color inspiration tool you’ve seen on a tablet device. Create harmonious color themes that can inspire any project with easy-to-use tools. Explore hundreds of thousands of color themes created by the Kuler community – a vibrant social network of color enthusiasts. Whether you’re a designer, artist, developer, hobbyist, craft maker, or just somebody who loves color, Kuler will transform your tablet into the ultimate inspiration tool.
• Extract color themes from images or photos, using unique color extraction moods. Use your own images, or browse images from Google or Flickr
• Create harmonious 5-color themes using the interactive color wheel and different color rules. Color models include HSB, RGB, CMYK, LAB, and HEX.
• Explore hundreds of thousands of themes in the Kuler community. Browse themes by Newest, Most Popular, Highest Rated, or Random filters, or search themes by tag, title, author or hex value.
• Interact with the Kuler community by rating themes and reading comments
• With the Adobe Creative Cloud, you can export any theme as a color swatch to use in Adobe Creative Suite applications or other Adobe Touch apps
Adobe Collage lets you assemble moodboards combining images, drawings, and text. Adobe Collage lets you capture and refine concepts by combining inspirational images, drawings, text, and files from select Adobe Creative Suite components into modern, conceptual moodboards. Upload your files to Adobe Creative Cloud* to refine later or share with others.
• Create modern moodboards with mixed media.
• Import PDF, PSD, and AI files.
• Search and import content from Google and Flickr.
• Use the growable canvas to add assets as needed.
• Draw with multiple pen types.
• Add text with a variety of fonts.
• Leverage existing content library in Adobe Creative Cloud* to refine further in Photoshop.
Adobe Debut lets you present designs and capture feedback on your tablet. Adobe Debut is the new Adobe Touch App that lets you elegantly present select Adobe Creative Suite designs to clients and colleagues virtually anywhere with confidence and complete control.
• Beautifully display Creative Suite designs you have stored on Adobe Creative Cloud. Access high-fidelity renditions of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator files, and open PDF, JPEG, PNG, and GIF files directly.
• Use layer and artboard display controls to import multiple comps from a single Photoshop or Illustrator file. View and choose the PSD layers you wish to display before import, or select the artboards within an AI file you wish to import and present.
• Mark up designs with a convenient pen tool.
• Get the highest fidelity view of your design work by opting to view work at original size.
Adobe Proto lets you create wireframes of websites and apps on your tablet. Design interactive wireframes and prototypes for websites and mobile apps with the convenience of simple touch gestures.
• Sketch website and mobile app wireframe layouts with simple finger strokes on your tablet's touchscreen.
• Insert interactive wireframe components from the component toolbox, including menus, tabs, accordions, and more, to quickly capture your design idea.
• Build wireframes using well-known CSS grid systems.
• Take advantage of the WebKit preview and jQuery support.
• Upload your files to Adobe Creative Cloud* and then access them from your desktop for further work in Adobe Creative Suite software, or to share with others.
Adobe Ideas is the digital sketchpad app to create vector drawings anywhere. Great ideas show up anywhere. Adobe Ideas is the essential digital sketchpad app that lets you design almost anywhere using vectors, layers, and color themes. With Adobe Ideas create finished design work ready for production. Or easily access the results for refining in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.
• Adobe Ideas is vector based which means your drawing can scale to any size without loss of fidelity or pixelation. Bring your work into Adobe Illustrator and see the vector paths and manipulate them.
• Zoom without jaggies or big pixels: fluidly zoom in while drawing to create fine details. Zoom out to see a complete view and add larger elements.
• Work with separate drawing and photo layers, controlling the opacity of each.
• 50-level undo/redo
• Access your files in Adobe Creative Cloud* and pull in a tablet-compatible image file as a photo layer that you can control separately. Plus, upload unfinished work to Adobe Creative Cloud* and finish it in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.
• Variable-size brushes using multi-touch control
• Vector eraser
• Gallery-style organizer to quickly scroll through your ideas and color themes
• Huge virtual canvas
PaintApp HD transforms your Android tablet into a fully featured drawing board. Now you never have to let those ideas go to waste. It doesn’t matter if you are an experienced artist or just someone who likes to draw, PaintApp HD is the app for you!
★ Customizable brush; opacity, size, color etc.
★ A number of shapes such as; polygons, circles, triangles etc.
★ A full size color picker with a built in color sampler.
★ History; enables you to undo & redo your lines.
★ Share your creations on Facebook, Twitter etc.
★ Multi touch gestures.
★ Get started tutorial.
★ Organize your creations in projects!
★ Snap a photo, and start doodling on it. (coming soon)
★ Awesome graphics!
★ Our most intuitive interface yet!
★ … and much, much more!
Songza has expert-made playlists for everything, and makes it outrageously easy to find the right one.
* Optimized for tablets (including Kindle Fire)
* 100% free. Songza has no audio advertisements & no monthly listening limit.
* Stream thousands of original playlists made by music experts.
* Peruse a curated playlist library organized by activity, genre, decade, mood, & culture.
* Collect your favorite playlists & share them via Facebook, Twitter or email.
* Our promise: Like a music concierge, Songza.com will build you a streaming music collection that you’ll love (& love to share). It’s easy, fast & free.
* Make great playlists? Create one on Songza.com with any song you can think of.
* Songza has 14.5 million songs to choose from so our playlist creators can build the greatest collection of expertly-curated playlists the world has ever seen.
Zillow Real Estate & Rentals
Zillow is now optimized for your Android Tablet. Enjoy home shopping on the big screen and compare homes side-by-side using the clever new home comparison tool.
See homes and apartments, for sale, for rent and more on Zillow's database of all U.S. homes. As the leader in mobile real estate, Zillow provides real estate data and info for all U.S. homes on the free Zillow Android App. See Zestimate home values, Rent Zestimates, homes for sale, homes for rent, apartment rentals, and more. Use Android's voice search feature, plus built-in GPS technology, to search for homes as you talk, walk or drive through neighborhoods.
Additionally, you can install Zillow widgets to your Android home screen to keep up with nearby homes for sale.
Skipola POS is the tablet side of the Skipola setup, which lets anyone set up a restaurant ordering system for use with mobile devices. Check out the video even if you're not setting up a restaurant - their effort and the polish of the apps are commendable.
Register for restaurants with remote order placement functionality.
Tablified Market Beta
Tablified Market aims to be your number one source for Android tablet apps, games and reviews. This app, powered by Tablified.com, displays apps and games that have been designed specifically for your Android tablet. What we do is simple, tedious yet effective - we search the Android Market for tablet specific apps & games, test them, then display them within the Tablified Market app and Tablified.com. When a user wants to purchase the app, we simply link them back to the Android Market to complete the transaction. We only display apps that we know are tablet SPECIFIC, not just 'optimized'.
Know A Worthy New App? Let Us Know!
If you have an application in mind for the next issue of the roundup, feel free to send us an email and let us know.
Important: there are 2 requirements in order for the app to be considered, listed below.
- the app's launch date has to be no longer than 2 weeks ago
- it has to be original, ground-breaking, well-reviewed, interesting, fun, etc - the cream of the crop
Now, if and only if the above requirements have been satisfied, fire up an email to this address: [email protected].
1 sponsored placement per week is available (your app would be featured at the top and marked as sponsored) - please contact us for details.