Sony Ericsson's Xperia Play, also known as the Playstation Phone, will be hitting AT&T's HSPA+ network on September 18th for a mere $50, finally allowing gamers rocking Ma Bell to let go some of that envy towards VZW. This portable gaming/smartphone hybrid sports a 4-inch screen, 1GHz processor, 512MB RAM, 5MP rear shooter, and Android 2.3 out of the box; what really makes this device unique, though, it its slide-out Playstation gamepad and exclusive gaming content.
Aside from the already low pricetag, the Play will come bundled with the multimedia dock and MC100 music cable, adding even more allure to this deal.
AT&T's Play will also launch with several titles pre-installed:
- Dungeon Defenders™ Second Wave by Trendy Entertainment
- Asphalt™ 6 Adrenaline by Gameloft
- Star Battalion by Gameloft
- Madden NFL™ 11 by Electronic Arts
- The Sims™ 3 by Electronic Arts
- Tower Bloxx™: My City by Digital Chocolate
- Crash Bandicoot® by SCEA/Naughty Dog/Universal
While the Play is definitely a niche device, this is a nice addition to AT&T's lineup -- possibly even the most attractive if you're looking to upgrade sometime within the next month, especially when you consider the fact that it should see Ice Cream Sandwich at some point.