We can't say that we didn't see this coming, but VZW finally announced the Droid Bionic this morning. As expected, the newest 4G LTE Droid will be available on September 8th for $299. All of the hardware rumors have now been confirmed, as well:
- 4.3-inch qHD display
- 1GHz dual-core processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8MP rear shooter, front facing camera
- 16GB built-in storage, 16GB SD card
- MotoPrint app to print via Wi-Fi-enabled printers
- HDMI Out (mirror mode)
- Android 2.3.4
There are also a few accessories set to be available with the launch of the device, including the Lapdock for $299, the HD Docking Station for $99, and the Webtop Adapter for $29. Considering the prices, it's clear that VZW/Moto are playing up the Bionic name pretty heavily -- $99 for a docking station? Puh-leez.
So there you have it -- the full skinny on one of the most anticipated phones of the year, officially from the mouth of Big Red itself. It has been a long time coming, and launch is just a day away -- who's going to be in line first thing tomorrow to pick one of these bad boys up?
VERIZON WIRELESS AND MOTOROLA RAISE THE BAR WITH DROID BIONIC™ BY MOTOROLA
Unsurpassed Power, Speed and Entertainment On the Fastest, Most Advanced 4G LTE Network in America
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. – Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI), today announced DROID BIONIC™ by Motorola will be exclusively available beginning Sept. 8.
DROID BIONIC is the first Verizon Wireless smartphone to combine 4G LTE with the power of dual-core 1 GHz processors, 1 GB of RAM and a stunning 4.3-inch qHD display – all in a sleek form factor that makes it the thinnest 4G LTE smartphone from Verizon Wireless. Customers can expect to fly across the Web on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network with download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G LTE mobile broadband coverage areas.
DROID BIONIC introduces a host of groundbreaking applications and accessories that turn the device into a multimedia hub, a ruler of remote access and a purveyor of virtuality. DROID BIONIC introduces ZumoCast™ by Motorola, an application that lets customers bring their digital world of videos, music, pictures and documents stored on their computers to their handset via remote access. With its revolutionary Webtop application, DROID BIONIC can beam a full-featured Firefox® Web browser 4.0, email or documents to a TV or monitor, like the separately purchased Lapdock™ with a 11.6” screen, keyboard and integrated trackpad.
Accessories such as the HD Station let DROID BIONIC users turn the phone into an entertainment center or home office. Customers can view pictures, video, and content from the DROID BIONIC on any HDTV or monitor by connecting a separately sold HDMI cable. They can also take a conference call while editing documents and surfing the Web. And, of course, the DROID BIONIC lets customers share their 4G LTE signal with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices when they activate the Verizon Wireless Mobile Hotspot. The device of the future today, the DROID BIONIC also includes the following features:
· Powered by Android™ 2.3.4 Gingerbread
· Dual-core 1 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM
· 4.3-inch qHD screen using scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass with dual-layer anti-reflective coating
· 8-megapixel autofocus camera with flash and 1080p HD video capture
· Front-facing camera for video chat over 4G LTE, 3G or Wi-Fi
· MOTOPRINT app to print via Wi-Fi-enabled printers
· Mirror Mode with HDMI out (HDMI cable required) supporting 1080p HD video playback
· Multi-window options for multitasking with ease when using the Webtop application
· Business Ready with advanced security policies; resizable and scrollable email, calendar and task widgets; device and SD card encryption; and Citrix® GotoMeeting® and Citrix Receiver™ for Android
· Adobe® Flash® pre-loaded
· HTML 5 capable
· 32 GB memory: 16 GB on board and 16 GB microSD™ card pre-installed (actual formatted capacity is less)
· Support for up to 32 GB microSD cards
· Supports wireless charger
Pricing and availability:
· DROID BIONIC by Motorola will be available in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com on Sept. 8 for $299.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
· Customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 for 450 minutes per month and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.
· Verizon Wireless Mobile Hotspot data plans are available beginning at $30 for 2 GB.
· For a limited time, customers who purchase a Lapdock with the DROID BIONIC can receive a $100 mail-in rebate when subscribing to a $50, 5 GB data plan or higher.
· The Lapdock will be available for $299.97, the HD Station will be available for $99.99 and the Adapter for Webtop Application will be available for $29.99.
· Vehicle Navigation Dock delivers easy access to maps, favorite contacts, hands-free calling, music, navigation and more and supports streaming of audio and music via the 3.5 mm audio jack, if available, to play through vehicle speakers. The Vehicle Navigation Dock will be available for $39.99.
· The Battery Dock with standard battery is a pocket-sized accessory with an extra battery included to charge both DROID BIONIC and an extra battery at the same speed as a wall charger. The Battery Dock will be available for $49.99.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com. For more information on accessories, visit www.verizonwireless.com/accessories.