Last week, Moto and VZW started pushing the Gingerbread update to the original Droid 2, and now its global counterpart is getting the same treatment. The update officially started rolling out in phases earlier today, bringing many new features along with it:
- New download manager
- App and power management details
- Multi-touch key-chording
- Improved word selection and copy functionality
- New UI and color scheme (read: new Blur)
- Updated dock icons
- App grouping
- Increased device and SD card security
- Updated calendar
- Improved email and messaging
- New ActiveSync email policy
You can also expect improved stability, battery life, and connectivity, as well as new bundles apps (bloatware) like Google Books, Accuweather, Amazon MP3, Blockbuster, and Flash Player 10.2.
Head into Settings > About Phone > Software Updates to manually check for the update.