The freshly announced Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch, or as I like to call it, Get-In-My-Belly, is my next Sprint device, replacing the now senile EVO 4G with its state-of-the-art gorgeous 4.52" screen and blazing fast Exynos dual cores sprinting at 1.2GHz each. Sure, the Prime may be on the horizon, but who knows when or if it will be announced on Sprint at all? In the meantime, the Epic 4G Touch is almost here to tower over all competition.
The September 16th launch date is fast approaching, and today Wirefly, one of the top online mobile retailers, launched the Epic 4G Touch pre-orders for those who want to claim these beats ASAP. And there's a good reason to do so - not only does Wirefly not charge any tax in most states and offers free shipping, the price it's offering is also $50 off Sprint's - just $149.99.
The $149.99 price point is available to both new and upgrading customers - a refreshing feat for once, and with the 30-day price protection guarantee, ordering from them seems like a safe bet. My last 3-4 devices came from Wirefly, and I personally never had a problem with them that wasn't quickly resolved.
Here's a quick (OK, fine, not so quick) refresher of the specs for the road:
- Samsung Exynos™ 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- 4.52" Super AMOLED Plus display
- 800x480 WVGA resolution - yikes, we were hoping for a bit more on such a large screen
- Dual cameras: 8MP, rear-facing camera/camcorder with auto-focus and flash that shoots video in 1080p HD high profile and 2MP, front-facing camera ideal for self-portraits or video chat
- 16GB of on-board memory, as well as a microSD card slot that supports up to a 32GB memory card.
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capable, supporting up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices on the Sprint 3G or 4G network
- Voice Talk by Vlingo™ allows users to give their Epic 4G Touch voice commands, including voice dial, text message, navigation, music, Web browsing and search
- Task Manager enables users to view and close the applications they have active and any items that may have been downloaded and to check on memory usage via the Task Manager widget
- Screen grab feature allows users to easily take a screen capture of the phone screen by pressing the power button and the home key simultaneously
- Samsung’s TouchWiz user interface provides superior multitasking and customization for an enhanced visual and intuitive smartphone experience
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/a capable
- Visual Voicemail
- Enterprise functionality provides support for exchange device management policies, offers increased security of data and services and enables mobile conferencing while on the go
- microSD card slot that supports up to a 32GB memory card
- Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Technology 3.0
- Sprint applications, including Sprint Zone, Sprint TV & Movies®, Sprint Navigation and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile - these better be removable
- Samsung Media Hub features thousands of new releases and top-grossing titles from major Hollywood studios and leading TV networks, including NBC Universal, Paramount, MTV, Warner Bros., CBS and FOX.
- Samsung Social Hub allows users to transfer email, instant messaging, contacts, calendar and social network connections, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts, into “Feeds” and “Messages” folders that can be either put into separate tabs or combined into comprehensive lists.
- Dimensions: 2.7 inches x 5.1 inches x 0.38 inches (LxWxT)
- Battery: 1800 mAh Lithium-ion battery
- Weight: 4.55 ounces
Grab the Epic 4G Touch from Wirefly right here.