Would you look at that - only hours after we leaked the long overdue update that, most importantly, fixes reboot issues, Verizon opened the flood gates and is now pushing the 74MB download over-the-air to HTC Thunderbolts all over the country.
The update version number is 1.70.605.0 and, unfortunately, it's not Gingerbread (remember how we told you that the June 30th Gbread rumor had to be fake?). The full list of improvements can be found in this PDF document, which I will include below for convenience:
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update,
Build Number: 1.70.605.0 Baseband: 1.39.00.0613w, 0.01.69.0613w_1,
for your ThunderBolt™ by HTC.
Verizon Wireless and HT C encourage you to download this update.
For step-by-step instructions on how to perform this download,
please visit verizonwireless.com/thunderboltsupport
- Improved data connectivity.
- Enhanced Call History view.
- Reduced number of device power cycles and resets.
- Improved Bluetooth® Discovery Mode pop-up window.
- View App Menu in tabbed layout.
- People search function enabled.
- Backup Assistant has been added to the All Apps menu.
- Preloaded My Verizon, V CAST Music and V CAST Videos.
- Desktop cradle App is now available, showing clock in landscape mode.
- NY Times site has been added into the browser bookmarks.
Perhaps this will finally make the Thunderbolt a usable device (connectivity and reboot issues killed it for me)? Feel free to post your post-update experience below.