It has been several weeks since Nvidia first dropped the news that Galaxy On Fire 2 was coming to Tegra devices, and now it's finally here. Galaxy On Fire 2 THD takes mobile gaming to a whole new level with its amazing details and rich gameplay, offering a massive galaxy for its playground. Here are some of the main features:
- A huge galaxy with over 20 solar systems and beautifully rendered planets
- 100 unique 3D space stations and more than 30 customizable space ships
- Unique reputation and diplomacy system
- Story-based, mission-based and free gameplay
- Complex trading system with over 170 different commodities of all kinds
- High quality visuals and music, full voice acting (English) and 3D sound
- Action Freeze™: 3D screenshot tool to save screenshots from any perspective and upload them to Facebook™
- OpenFeint integration of leader boards, achievements and saved games
- Supports up to full native 1280 x 800 pixels resolution
- Heavily optimized to utilize the eight-core rendering power of Tegra’s GeForce GPU for console-gaming quality on mobile devices
- All meshes re-created from scratch as if they were to be used for a proper console game
- New details added to the design of each of the over 30 spaceships and 100 space stations
- Carefully re-painted space background images and planets at 2048 x 2048 pixels resolution to ensure crystal clear game experience even on 10 inch tablets
- Four times higher texture sizes on all in-game textures and four times higher polygon count on its spaceships, space stations, jump gates and asteroids compared to standard tablet versions
- Sophisticated OpenGL ES 2.0 specular and displacement shaders on all in-game assets
You can get Galaxy On Fire 2 THD free in the Android Market right now - but there's a catch. The free version does offer some gameplay, but if you want the game in its entirety, then you'll have buy it through in-app purchase... and it will set you back $15.00, which is about $3.50 more than the Xperia PLAY variant.
Heavily Enhanced Version of Critically Acclaimed and Multi Award-Winning Outer Space Epos Available on the Android Market and Tegra Zone
Hamburg, Germany, June 16, 2011– After more than half a year of extra development time, Fishlabs, one of the world’s leading developers of premium 3D mobile games, proudly released Galaxy on Fire 2™ THD on NVIDIA® Tegra™ -powered Android mobile devices. The epic sci-fi action trader is available free to download from the Tegra Zone app on the Android Market and can be played for unlimited time offering full functionality within the first solar system. To access the whole galaxy with over 20 solar systems and to complete the six to ten hours, fully voice acted storyline, players have to unlock the game via in-app purchase for $ 14.99 /€ 11,99 /£ 8.99.
Galaxy on Fire 2™ THD has been heavily optimized to utilize the eight-core rendering power of Tegra’s GeForce GPU, bringing console-gaming quality to mobile devices. All meshes have been re-created from scratch as if they were to be used for a proper console game and new details have been added to the design of each of the over 30 spaceships and 100 space stations. Also the space background images as well as all planets have been carefully re-painted at 2048 x 2048 pixels resolution. Compared to the iPad version, the game now features four times higher texture sizes on all in-game textures and four times higher polygon count on its spaceships, space stations, jump gates and asteroids. Furthermore, Galaxy on Fire 2™ THD features sophisticated OpenGL ES 2.0 specular and displacement shaders on all in-game assets.
“We have been working closely with NVIDIA to deliver the best visual quality and game play experience on Tegra-powered super phones and tablets,” said Michael Schade, CEO of FISHLABS Entertainment.“With the heavily enhanced in-game assets and the advanced shaders, Galaxy on Fire 2™ THD looks like a completely new game. Consumers are going to love it.”
Ashu Rege, Vice President of Game Content and Technology at NVIDIA added,“ Galaxy on Fire 2 THD has been completely redone from the ground up to take advantage of Tegra, and the result is one of the best-looking and playing mobile games in the market. This new version has new assets and graphics, and delivers a console-worthy experience.”