It's definitely an exciting day for Android developers - first, Motorola confirmed that their XOOM tablet will be open for development, and now the the final Android 3.0 SDK is available. Additionally, the SDK tools and ADT plugin have been updated to versions r10 and 10.0.0, respectively, with the following improvements and additions:
- UI Builder improvements in the ADT Plugin:
- New Palette with categories and rendering previews. (details)
- More accurate rendering of layouts to more faithfully reflect how the layout will look on devices, including rendering status and title bars to more accurately reflect screen space actually available to applications.
- Selection-sensitive action bars to manipulate View properties.
- Zoom improvements (fit to view, persistent scale, keyboard access) (details).
- Improved support for <merge> layouts, as well as layouts with gesture overlays.
- Traceview integration for easier profiling from ADT. (details)
- Tools for using the Renderscript graphics engine: the SDK tools now compiles .rs files into Java Programming Language files and native bytecode.
The updates are currently available through the SDK Manager, so get your developing hats on and get to work!
Source: Android Developers