Yuppies of the world rejoice: there's a new(ish) way to pay for your overpriced cup of coffee, albeit an unofficial one. Although Starbucks has an official Card app for BlackBerry and iOS, they've yet to release anything for Android. Fortunately, developer birbeck has come to the rescue with the Starbucks Card Widget, which allows for a surprisingly fantastic experience (okay, okay - I have yet to try it myself, but just looking at it has given me the caffeine jitters).
Check out the major features:
• Home screen widget shows your current balance, updated automatically
• Leave the card at home, Pay for your Starbucks purchases at supported locations using your Android phone and stored Starbucks Card
• Manage unlimited cards *
• View your recent transactions
• Reload your card directly from your phone
• Find Starbucks locations nearest you and get directions or turn-by-turn GPS voice navigation with Google Maps
• Works with registered and unregistered cards
• Free, absolutely no ads or nags
Not only can you manage your cards, but you can pay using your phone! Even better, there are more niceties in the folds:
• Transfer balance between your cards
• In-app card reloads
• Low balance notifications
• Smaller widget option
• Language translations
Ready to blend (pun intended) your nerdery with your love of Starbucks? You know what to do.
Note: Astute readers will notice that this app was covered in our last weekly roundup, but as a Starbucks lover, I decided it deserved special attention.