Chase, a subsidiary of JPMorgan Chase, today released its official and long-awaited mobile banking app for Android. Since I am a Chase customer with 3 credit cards and a checking account (migrated from WaMu), I decided to take it out for a quick spin.
The Chase app features the following:
- instant check deposits by taking photos of the front and back with your phone's camera - it's not the first bank to do this, but it was certainly the #1 wanted feature on my list
- viewing account balances and transaction histories
- paying bills using Chase bill pay
- paying credit card balances
- money transfers, including both account-to-account and wire transfers
- ATM/branch finder
The app is very secure - it requires your password every time you sign on and does not store it anywhere. Additionally, the first time I opened up Chase Mobile, it prompted me for a special confirmation code, which could be sent to my email or phone. Once you leave the app, you are automatically signed out.
You can see the screenshots of the UI, minus some personal information, down below. Unfortunately, I didn't have a check to deposit handy, so I stopped just short of scanning one.
Bravo, Chase, this is one polished and well designed mobile app. Citibank, you're up next (please?).
Download Chase Mobile for Android by clicking the link below from your mobile device or scanning it with Barcode Scanner: