Lookout Mobile Security, a free Android app that secures your device from viruses in addition to backing it up and allowing you to remotely locate it, yesterday launched a premium service that we've been expecting for a while. The Premium version is offered as an optional upgrade to a fully functional free base version for an annual fee of $29.99 or a monthly fee of $3. That's a pretty hefty price to charge, especially since regular, free accounts already have access to so many features, so let's take a look at the extras that you get:
- Privacy Advisor protects your privacy.
- The ability to remotely wipe and lock the device (free accounts can already remotely locate it on a map and sound an alert, even the phone is in vibration mode).
- Enhanced backup and restore capabilities - while free accounts can only back up contacts, premium users can also back up their call history and their photos. Note: existing pre-Premium-launch users were already able to back up photos and call histories, and it seems like Lookout extended these capabilities to them free of charge. Free accounts created after the Premium launch will be able to back up contacts only.
- Premium support, which translates to faster responses to questions and issues.
Source: The Lookout Blog
- Jim (email@example.com)
- Kate (RNKfirstname.lastname@example.org)
- Peter Chan
- Chris (email@example.com)
- Carol Grigsby
Emails have been dispatched notifying them of how to collect their winnings.
Thanks for playing!
Lookout is being nice here and giving all users a free 30 day trial before it charges any fees. It's probably a worthy investment, but since we here at Android Police understand that you might not necessarily want to give up $30 of your hard-earned cash, we've arranged for a giveaway of 5 one-year licenses.
To enter, simply leave a comment below telling us why you think you should win. It can be any reason at all, so long as it's related to the app and isn't too long (remember, we have to sift through all of these).
The contest ends on Monday, November 22nd at 11:59 p.m. The 5 lucky winners with the best comments will be selected shortly after and contacted with activation instructions.
Good luck, everyone!