The long awaited Samsung Galaxy Tab is now official. After finally getting revealed at the IFA 2010 conference just about an hour ago, all proverbial cats are finally out of their proverbial bags. While those members of the press who are actually present on location are playing with display units (unfortunately, that doesn't include us, this time), the rest of us can browse around the official Galaxy Tab site which Samsung launched following the announcement.
The site is jam-packed full of well designed content - you will find:
- an interactive Tab presentation,
- a 360 degree model,
- and accessories.
Speaking of the specs, we finally have the official word:
- 2.5G (GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE) : 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G (HSUPA 5.76Mbps, HSDPA 7.2Mbps) : 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- OS: Android 2.2 (Froyo)
- Display: 7.0 inch TFT-LCD, WSVGA (1024 x 600)
- Processor: Cortex A8 1.0GHz Application Processor with PowerVR SGX540
- 3 MP Camera with Auto-Focus and LED Flash
- 1.3MP front camera for Video Telephony
- Android Market™ and Samsung Apps for more applications and contents Readers Hub, Media Hub* , Music Hub*, Social Hub
*Availability will be decided by market preference.
- Adobe Flash 10.1 player support
- Full HD video playback, Thinkfree Office, Swype, Hybrid Widget Connectivity
- 30 pin connector
- WiFi 802.11n / Bluetooth® 3.0
- Sensors: Gyroscope sensor, Geo-magnetic sensor, Accelerometer, Light sensor
- Memory: 16G / 32G internal memory with up to 32G external memory slot
- RAM: 512 MB
- Size: 190.09 x 120.45 x 11.98mm, 380g
- Battery: 4,000mAh (7 hour movie play)
Off you go now - see the site for yourself and decide whether you will be picking one of these bad boys up when they come out in mid-September (in Europe) and the upcoming months for the rest of the world.