CyanogenMod 6 is continuing its rampage: last night the first Nightly build of CM6 was released for the HTC Aria (a.k.a. the Liberty) and CDMA HTC Hero. This should make the users of these phones quite happy - CM is the single most popular Android ROM, and for good reason.
Mandatory disclaimer from CM6:
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
That said, Aria and Hero users who have flashed CM6 seem to be happy to have done so. As with other CM6 builds, Google Apps must be downloaded and installed, as GAPPS doesn’t come with the ROM. Otherwise, installation seems to be the same as most other ROMs - rooted user simply boot into recovery and flash the .zip file, then flash the GAPPS zip.
Users who flash the ROM can find support from the forum source links listed below. Hero users can also stop by the Hero IRC channel, and Aria users can stop by their IRC channel (it’s #LiberatedAria... witty!) As always, we’d love to hear some feedback on how this works out for users who take the plunge.[Source: Aria, Hero. Download: Aria, Hero]