The wizards at xda-developers have woven their magic once again and solved the woes of those EVO 4G owners who upgraded their handsets to HTC's leaked 3.26.651.3 version of Froyo last Friday.
If you remember, shortly after the .3 leak was posted, HTC announced that it wasn't the final Froyo release. Indeed, a few days later, on Monday, the world saw a new, this time official, OTA with the version number ending in .6. The problem was, however, that there was no way to update from .3 to .6, which left the early adopters empty handed.
Pojoman, one of xda's members, managed to acquire the necessary upgrade file from Sprint (props to his connections there) and made it, along with installation instructions, available to all the EVO pioneers. You can find said instructions and the download below:
Edit: For those who don't know how to run this
1) Press down and power simultaneously, and go to the bootloader
2) Allow the hboot to run.
3) Connect the usb (note: make sure you allowed for usb debugging prior to loading bootloader)
4) Press fastboot (Using the power button as select) and it will change to Fastboot usb
5) Run the .exe from your computer.
6) Grab a bowl of cereal and wait.
7) Thank Pojoman and all those who talked him through the day while waiting for this fix.
If something doesn't work, you can head over to the original forum thread to get the latest scoop.
Oh yeah, and welcome to the official club.
Credit: xda-developers via goodelyfe