Wirefly.com loves posting useful phone videos, and the latest one is no exception.
In this video, Wirefly compares the new HTC Droid Incredible (which you can get here for a better price than your Verizon store) to the Motorola Droid in a series they like to call "Schmackdown" (we won't even mention the cheesiness of the name here).
Here are the highlights from the video that I annotated in my favorite bullet point format:
- Comparable size-wise
- Motorola Droid is thicker and heavier
- Motorola Droid has a physical keyboard while the Incredible doesn't
- Both have a virtual keyboard
- Speech-to-text on both phones
- Both have a dual LED flash
- 1GHz and 512MB RAM on the Incredible and 550MHz and 256MB RAM on the Moto Droid
- The Incredible has an 8MP camera vs Motorola Droid's 5MP
- No MicroSD preinstalled on the Incredible, though it comes with an 8GB internal storage while the Motorola Droid comes with a 16GB MicroSD card
- Same buttons on the outside of the phones but the Incredible has a trackpad on the front while the Motorola Droid has it on the inside
- Both have a 3.7" display but the Incredible has a 480x800 px resolution while the Motorola Droid has 480x854 px
- Droid Incredible has an AMOLED display
- Battery life on the Incredible is not as good as the Motorola Droid
- Both are running Android 2.1
- Incredible has HTC Sense (with additional apps and widgets) on top of Android while the Motorola Droid has vanilla Android 2.1
- Incredible has Scenes which are like presets for your home screens while the Moto Droid doesn't have this feature
- Incredible has some Flash support while the Moto Droid doesn't (though full Flash 10.1 support is going to come with Android 2.2)
- Incredible seems to have a faster browser, probably due to hardware (both are on Verizon data network)
The video follows:
So, who wins? In my opinion, there is no competition and the Incredible completely dominates. What do you think?
Bonus: Wirefly just posted another video comparing the web browsers on the Incredible vs the one on the iPhone 3GS: