Update: The Tab 7 Plus will be available for pre-order on October 23rd for a cool $399.
If there was one that the OG Galaxy Tab 7 had going for it, it was portability. Still, while the device was revolutionary for Android at the time, it was still little more than a glorified phone. Not willing to let a potentially good thing die, Sammy took it back to the lab, infused it with an operating system meant for tablets and a more powerful processor. What emerged was the Tab 7.0 Plus.
The Tab 7.0 Plus is a pretty big step up from its predecessor, packing more modern hardware and data connectivity:
- 7-inch 1024x600 PLS LCD
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor (make and model not specified)
- 1GB RAM
- 16/32GB internal storage with microSD slot
- 3MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing
- Android 3.2 Honeycomb with Touchwiz UX
- HSPA+ 900/1900/2100 connectivity
- Ultra-light and portable at just 345g and 9.96mm thin
While no exact release date or price has been mentioned, the Tab 7 Plus will start rolling out in Indonesia and Austria at the end of October, with global availability, including Southeast and Southwest Asia, US, Europe, CIS, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, Japan and China coming soon after.