Last Updated: May 4th, 2012
The day we've all been waiting for has finally arrived, and Samsung just unveiled its third-generation Galaxy smartphone. As expected, it's going by the moniker Galaxy S III, and it's stuffed to the gullet with cutting-edge hardware and software tweaks:
- 4.8-inch 720p Super AMOLED HD Display
- 1GB RAM
- 16/32GB storage, 64GB version "available soon"
- microSD Card slot
- Eye Tracking
- Smart stay: keeps the screen awake while you're looking at the display
- S-Voice: advanced voice recognition, "like a good friend who listens attentively" -- definitely a strong competitor to Siri
- Floating videos: lets you resize videos and move them around on the display whilst they float atop other windows.
Last Updated: May 3rd, 2012
Finally, an end to all rumors about the Galaxy S III and its variants. Or is it? We'll find out at Samsung's launch event, which we're covering live on location in London. My hat's off to Samsung for creating more buzz about this phone than any other company making Android devices has ever made about any Android phone or tablet, all without actually revealing it .
The action starts May 3rd at 11AM PDT, 2PM EDT, 7PM BST (London time) - the live coverage form on this page will automatically update when the wheels are in motion.
In the meantime, sign up for a reminder below - we'll see you back here soon (Note: May 3rd, not 2nd - I'm just giving you a sufficient heads-up).