Planning on picking up the Samsung Fascinate? Might want to take a look at this first: BGR has Verizon's known issues list for the Fascinate in their hot little hands. None of the issues necessarily seem major, but there are quite a few little ones - which can certainly add up.
Many of the issues seem like minor oversights. For example:
- Alert notifications can't be changed
- Caller ID bug when you're on the line and get a second call
- Soft key backlighting isn't tied to screen timeout (it should)
- When deleting emails, there's no status bar/window - so it appears the phone is hanging
- Downloaded apps are sorted by date downloaded rather than alphabetically
- During activation, there's no reboot warning before the phone does so
Another area with a fair number of bugs seems to be email:
- Email sync error - sometimes screen goes dark and throws an error
- When Exchange security policy is in use, you can't change email password
- Lock and Lock screen issues when using Exchange ActiveSync
- Corporate email special characters issues
- Corporate email inbox error
It's important to remember that phones on all carriers have similar lists, they just generally don't make it public.