Big Red just took the wraps off of two new Motorola tablets that we've been hearing about for a while now: the DROID XYBOARD 10.1 and 8.2. Both tablets are running nearly identical specs, save for screen size:
- 10.1-inch and 8.2-inch IPS display with Gorilla Glass
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- 1GB RAM
- 5MP rear shooter, 1.3MP front camera
- 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB available for XYBOARD 10.1; 16GB and 32GB options available for XYBOARD 8.2
- Android 3.2 - will be upgraded to Android 4.0
- Verizon 4G LTE
Each tablet was built to address a specific market - the XYBOARD 10.1 is made for productivity and the use of a "precision tip stylus," which is included in the box, while the XYBOARD 8.2 was designed with multimedia in mind and sports 2.1 virtual surround sound and a "high-definition display."
Both tablets also come business-ready, as they come bundled with office-centric software such as Quickoffice HD and Citrix GoToMeeting.