Last Updated: April 26th, 2013
I know a few people who just love QWERTY phones, despite the fact that they're a dying breed. For those among you who happen to love QWERTYs and are on Sprint, there's a chance you're holding a Motorola Photon Q in your hand right now. And if that's the case, you should probably head into the Settings menu and check for updates – Jelly Bean is coming your way. Get excited.
The update brings a slew of enhancements along for the ride:
- Google OS upgrade to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Google Now
- Voice search enhancements
- Camera includes improved image quality and more intuitive panorama mode
- Ability to zoom out to filmstrip mode in the Gallery
- Keyboard includes improved dictionary and text to speech capabilities
- Notification enhancements
- resolved Quick Office closing when reviewing a document
- Improved GSM roaming connectivity for global use
- Improved streaming of Sprint TV when location services are turned off
- Enhanced security and ease of use on the face unlock feature
- Removed Quick Views, Speed Dial, and MOTOPRINT applications
- Improved accuracy and response of voice to text for texting, emailing, and web search
So, what are you waiting for?
Last Updated: December 27th, 2012
Winners have been selected. Congrats to:
- Adam M.
- Jonathon G.
- Jesus T.
- Troy C.
- Mohd F.
- Mike S.
- Dan Z.
- Anthony F.
- Travis F.
- Steven D.
- Melanie T.
- Geoff J.
- Russell S.
- Felipe P.
- Dough K.
- Jessica K.
- Matthew R.
- Juan C.
We'll be in touch with the winners shortly.
We started off Android Police's holiday giveaway series yesterday with some great phones and other gadgets from RadioShack - today we're upping the ante. Can you say twenty Sprint smartphones? Because that's how many we're giving away, thanks to the awesome people at Sprint.
As a friendly reminder, Sprint's Buy One Galaxy, Get One Free promotion is going on right now - you can buy one of three Galaxy smartphones (Galaxy S III, Galaxy S II, and Galaxy Victory), and get a second one free.