Last Updated: June 5th, 2012
It's been a while since VZW showed any love to Thunderbolt owners, but that doesn't mean that it has forgotten about them completely. In fact, we just received a leak of a new build that brings some fixes and enhancements to Big Red's first LTE device.
Here's a look at what's new in this build:
- CMAS (Commercial Mobile Alert System) support added
- IPv6 over eHRPD
- Mobile Hotspot disconnecting
- Previous state ID being displayed on incoming call
- Viewing Yahoo email with mail app – body of message disappears
- Support for Cisco Any Connect VPN
- VZNav version updated (126.96.36.199)
- Volume adjusted when in HAC mode
- URL for VVM updated
- Birthday mismatch while adding birthday and saving to contacts BUA+ updates
- Device stability, resets
- Retry for abnormal picture download for Facebook
Download and Flash
Disclaimer: Android Police isn't responsible for any harm to your device - proceed at your own risk.
Last Updated: December 20th, 2011
Update #1: The full flashable stock RUU (it's not rooted and will most likely wipe your data) has been leaked. It can be used by developers or users to roll back to stock 2.11.605.9. You can download it from our mirror here (MD5: 013cbdd3a9b28bc894631008fa2148e2).
Update #2: This update breaks revolutionary at the moment, but a fix is on its way.
Thanks, Justin Case!
Update #3: Rooted and deodexed version is here.
The HTC Thunderbolt on Verizon is all set to receive an update to version 2.11.605.9 up from 2.11.605.5 that arrived in October. The OTA contains a new radio (1.48.00.0930w_3, 0.01.78.0916w_3) and a few fixes, listed below.