The Archos tablets may not be the best in class in terms of hardware or feature sets, but the most recent round of tablets won us over a bit by leaving Ice Cream Sandwich largely untouched. Today the tablet gets a little sweeter as Archos is rolling out an update for the slate's firmware that fixes a variety of bugs.
Version 4.0.6 - May 3rd, 2012
- Wi-Fi: fix more disconnect cases happening on some access points
- GPS: increase stability of GPS
- HDMI: do not propose overscan setting when TV supports underscan
- muSD: improve reliability of card insertion detection
- muSD: fix read/write permission issue occurring with some applications
- Applications: fix platform reboot occurring sometimes after a while when using high CPU demanding applications
To clarify, as we know this will cause some confusion, this is not Android 4.0.6, which is not out yet.