It's time again for a new mobile Humble Bundle deal, and this one has some really awesome stuff. Well, they all do, but Humble Mobile Bundle 9 contains one of the best platformers I've played in recent memory—Leo's Fortune. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
There's a new Chromecast update (v1.8.22) making its way out to users today that finally enables custom backdrops. You should get the option to enable this feature upon opening the updated app. If you don't feel like waiting, we've got the APK below.
We often see carriers trickle out updates to one device on any given day, but today Sprint is pushing out a new firmware upgrade to two. These lucky handsets are the Samsung Galaxy Mega and the HTC EVO 4G LTE. Their change logs don't mirror each other, but one item is the same. It's not a particularly exciting one, but it's something.
The Galaxy Mega is one huge phone, and since it has already received KitKat, this update isn't huge enough to match. Read More
The latest version of the Google Play Movies app has been rolling out to users over the course of the past week, and while we found in the code that the changes had something to do with placing pre-orders, we had to wait for Google to flip a switch somewhere for the functionality to get exposed. Now that Google has taken to its social network with the news, consider that switch flipped. Read More
In case you missed it, the official help forum for Android Wear has gone live. There are many places to go online to get help with using your new smartwatch, but this Google Group is the place the company would probably prefer you go. It's also a location where you have a reasonable chance of getting an answer. We try to answer many of the questions that you pitch to us in the comments, but we don't see everything. Read More
Charge allthethings! Wouldn't you like that? Well, Samsung has a solution for you in its Multi-Charging Wall Charger. Announced back in August, the tri-split cable and wall charger combo is finally available for sale on Samsung's Online Store. Essentially, this is a cable with a USB port at one end and three MicroUSB ports on the other, allowing you to use one USB output to split the charging power between 3 devices simultaneously. Read More
Late yesterday, Google began rolling out an update to the Android Wear companion app. Despite a sudden growth of over 2 MB in size, the app only seemed to change the text of a warning, and there were no visible changes on our watches. We knew there had to be something great hidden under the covers, and we were right. The companion app certainly has some interesting changes of its own, but it also acts as the delivery mechanism for a Wear-customized version of Google Play services, and there's a bit to talk about in there, too. Read More
The newest Snapshot build of CyanogenMod 11 is starting to roll out to devices right now. If you're wondering what's in this update, you're going to need to wait on that.
There's no changelog as of yet, but we'll update as soon as there's something official.
Update: Here's the official changelog:
* New Devices: Galaxy S4 Active (jactivelte), Galaxy S4 SK I-9506 (ks01lte), Galaxy S5 GSM (klte), Galaxy Tab 10.1 (picassowifi), Galaxy Player 4.0 (ypg1)
* Re-introduce Samsung Galaxy Relay 4G (apexqtmo) support
* Fix signal strength showing ’2147483647′ on certain devices
* Frameworks & Core Apps: CAF and other upstream updates
* Lockscreen: Do not play sounds while a phone call is active & MSIM updates
* Frameworks: Add base & MSIM APIs for SEEK (Secure Element Evaluation Kit) support
* Frameworks: Fix volume button changing two ‘steps’ per click
* Frameworks: Add ‘Screen Off’ action for double-tap/long-press configuration options
* Show devices connected to your WiFi (tethering) Hotspot
* Fix bug related to ‘switch to last app’ action while in Recents view
* Fix Navigation Bar arrow keys in RTL locales
* Translations updates from CyanogenMod CrowdIn team
* Adjustments to ‘Glove Mode’ (High Touch Sensitivity)
* APN Updates for various regions
* Camera: Add support for all available Slow Shutter speeds (hardware dependent); Improve shutter button
* Dialer/InCallUI: Fix smartcover always showing answer fragment
* LG G2: Address GPS and NFC issues
* Base support for HTC Desire 816 & HTC One Mini 2 (pending nightlies)
* Various security updates
* General bug fixes
Excitement over products like the Ouya, nVidia's Shield line, and even numerous gamepads proves that gaming on Android has entered the mainstream. Developers have been jumping at the opportunity to build games that work across many of the different operating systems; and thanks to the Cross-Platform SDK, they're able to integrate most of the Play Games services into their products on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Until now, this SDK has lagged behind the SDKs for Android and iOS on one specific feature: real-time multiplayer support. Read More
We usually like to wait for a few more deals to build up before burdening you with yet another thing to read, but there are a few discounts that just appeared you should know about before they're gone. These are usually short-lived sales, so get your wallet ready.