There's no doubt that the Galaxy Nexus is one of the hottest phones on the planet right now. As such, there are quite a few people out there rocking the GN, so how do you make your stand out in the crowd? Adding a case is always an option, but if you really want your device to stand on, you have to check out these custom laser-etched battery doors. There's even one with the AP logo!
Update: Now it's available in the store here. Widget added below.
While the desktop world races to create the world's most powerful browser, and even browser-based OSes, the mobile world moves towards simplicity.
Looks like a handful of undisclosed T-Mobile stores will be getting their hands on the recently announced Samsung S Galaxy Blaze 4G on March 21 - a full week ahead of the nationwide release of the device (March 28th). The Blaze is one of the fastest smartphones to hit T-Mo's HSPA+ network, rocking some pretty decent specs (sorry, no word on RAM or storage capacity at the moment):
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread (will likely be updated to Android 4.0)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 Dual-Core Processor clocked at 1.5GHz
- 3.97" Super AMOLED display
- 5MP rear shooter with 720p video capabilities
- 1.3MP front-facing camera
- Expandable storage via microSD slot
If the Blaze sounds like the smartphone for you, you'll be able to pick one up for $149 after a $50 mail-in-rebate and two-year agreement.
March Madness officially begins tomorrow (March 13), and before all is said and done on April 2, a whopping 67 games will have been played. It's tough to keep up with the sheer number of games going on, but it just got a whole lot easier thanks to the fresh-on-the-market official app, NCAA March Madness Live.
The app is free, and offers an impressive list of features:
- Live game radio of all 67 games
- Live social chatter for teams in every game
- Fill out your official NCAA Bracket Challenge bracket right from your Android
- Track the entire bracket live throughout the tournament
- Get alerts for upsets, overtimes, crunch time (close games), and your favorite teams
- Post directly to Facebook and Twitter
- Use My Channels to see where each game is on all four networks – TBS, CBS, TNT and truTV
You can also upgrade the package in-app for $3.99, which allows you to:
- Watch the NCAA Basketball Selection Show live on Sunday, March 11
- Watch LIVE streaming of all 67 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament games
- Watch a live stream of team practices for the Final Four®
- Watch highlights of all 67 games; highlights available right after each game
- Take it with you: Buy it once and use the March Madness Live account you create to login and watch on your computer.
In a post to Reddit earlier this evening, TalkLittle, the mind behind Reddit is Fun, announced that the acclaimed Reddit app has been updated to version 2.0. Perhaps the most notable enhancement to the app is official tablet optimization, bringing dual-pane, action-bar sporting goodness to your Android tablet. Other changes include widget enhancements, a fully featured inbox interface, search functionality, saved posts, comment navigation buttons, and more. Here's the full list of improvements:
- Tablet optimization (PRO)
- Widget shows different color for visited links (PRO)
- Store saved drafts for replies and messages (PRO)
- ActionBarSherlock 3.5.1
- Saved posts
- Improved subreddit management and filtering
- Comment navigation buttons
- Fully featured inbox
- Fixed mail notifications
- Added many features for user profiles
- Got rid of many dialogs
Users may notice that RIF's tablet interface, improved widget, and draft-saving functionality are marked "PRO." These features are only available to users who purchase Reddit is Fun Golden Platinum, which comes in at a reasonable $1.99.
After rumors, rumblings, and annoying fakes, it sounds like Instagram is just about ready to officially hit Android. In a talk with Tech Crunch, Instagram Co-Founder Kevin Systrom disclosed a few morsels of information regarding an upcoming Android launch, namely that it's coming soon.
Systrom briefly showcased the Android app on stage at SXSW, but indicated that the app isn't quite ready for a full demo. In a sensational turn of phrase, Systrom noted that "in some ways, it's better than our iOS app.
Building on the success of their cloud storage aggregator ZeroPC Cloud Navigator, ZeroDesktop introduced ZeroPC Photo Connect to Google's Play Store today. The app works on the same premise as its forebear, Photo Connect pulls together all your photos from popular storage services, ranging from Picasa to Facebook to Dropbox, Evernote, and Photobucket.
Besides offering access to your various photo storage services, Photo Connect brings photos together into a tiled "timeline" interface, allowing users to browse through photos from all sources at once, according to when they were uploaded.
In the world of the future, where music is as easily accessible as air, the new bread and butter of the music industry is discovery. While services like Turntable.fm center around small social gatherings, and Pandora uses fancy algorithms to predict your tastes, 8tracks asks "Um, hey, what was wrong with how radio worked? Also, do you guys like tablets?" The answers, of course, are "You know, that's a good point," and "Um, YEAH."
8tracks was already a great service centered around user-created playlists.
Cybersquatting, one of the more profitable forms of trolling, is nothing new to anyone familiar with the interwebs. In fact, it's often a source of some pretty funny disputes.
That gets us to today's story: a lot of people have noticed Google doesn't actually own GooglePlay.com (link goes to WhoIs.Net - not the actual page). Now, Google wants that page, and they've filed an ICANN dispute to get it.
To celebrate the launch of Google Play (and the death of the Market brand) and thank developers and Android users across the world, Google has launched a brand-new sale promotion for a number of features apps and games called "Play Our Favorites."
Here's a link (limited to certain countries only, sorry guys). So far, the included apps are:
- World of Goo
- Jamie's 20 Minute Meals
- Osmos HD
- TuneIn Radio Pro
- I Just Forgot - Little Critter
- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
- Asphalt 6: Adrenaline
- Dead Space
- Business Calendar
- mSecure - Password Manager
- NFL Flick Quarterback
- NOVA 2
- Quell Reflect
- Endomondo Sports Tracker Pro
- Flick Golf Extreme
- They need To Be Fed
- Paper Camera
- ZOOKEEPER DX
- SwiftKey X
- Camera ZOOM FX
- It's Tyrannosaurus Rex!