The wait is nearly over! Just a few days after AT&T announced the Galaxy S III would be available in stores soon, Verizon enters the fray with its own announcement. The much sought-after device will be available in Verizon stores starting July 10th. So, if you've been holding off on pre-ordering until you see it for yourself, your wait will be over in a week.
Both the 16GB and 32GB models will be available for $199 and $249 respectively. Read More
Back at the beginning of May, the DROID Incredible 4G LTE was made official, with Verizon's press release stating that the device would be available in the "coming weeks." Well, it's now July, and it looks like those " Read More
coming" eight weeks have finally reached their end - Big Red has at long last announced that the device will go on sale on July 5th, just as expected.
Verizon and T-Mobile may not regularly make headlines together, but this morning the two companies have announced that they've struck a deal to swap spectrum (and some money) to bolster both companies' LTE networks. Yes, including the one T-Mobile has yet to build. While specifics haven't been disclosed, it sounds like T-Mobile will be the big winner here, walking away with a net gain in spectrum holdings—something the company desperately needs—while paying an undisclosed amount of money to Verizon for the trouble. Read More
Verizon just posted on its official blog
that the rollout is slated to begin today, June 22.
Verizon has just uploaded the official support documents for the RAZR / RAZR MAXX Ice Cream Sandwich update (which by the way will be build 6.16.211 – the same build that recently leaked). With the docs going live just moments ago, users should expect the update to officially start rolling out any day now. Read More
Looks like it's the time of the month for Verizon to flip its 4G LTE switch to 'on' in new markets. It seems that the rollout has been in hyperspeed lately, as more and more cities are getting their taste of the blazing fast 4G service; this time Big Red is giving it to 46 new markets:
- Florence, AL
- Harrison, AR
- Yuba City/Marysville, CA
- Panama City, FL
- Carrolton, Gainesville, and Newnan, GA
- Blackfoot, ID
- Decatur/Effingham, Kankakee/Bradley-Bourbonnais, and La Salle/Peru/Ottawa, IL
- Columbus and Michigan City/La Porte, IN
- Greater Portland, ME
- Greenville/Greenwood, Jackson, and Tunica, MS
- Houghton and Traverse City, MI
- Jefferson City, Lake of the Ozarks, and West Plains, MO
- Binghamton, Elmira/Corning/Hornell, and Oneonta, NY
- Burlington, Hickory/Lenoir, Jacksonville, and New Bern, NC
- Bedford and Sharon/Farrell/Hermitage, PA
- Anderson, Florence, and Greenwood, SC
- Lufkin/Nacogdoches, Midland, San Angelo, and Waco, TX
- Danville, VA
- Ashland, KY
- Huntington and Logan, WV
- Fond du Lax, Janesville, Beloit, and Sheboygan, WI
- Gillette, WY
- The Lihue, HI (launched on June 11)
And expand in 22 existing markets:
- Denver and Fort Collins/Loveland, CO
- Philadelphia, PA
- Wilmington, DE
- Daytona Beach, Gainesville, and West Palm Beach, FL
- Hilo, HI
- Boise/Nampa, ID
- Chicagoland, IL
- Lafayette, IN
- Hammond, LA
- Springfield, MO
- Glens Falls and New York, NY
- Charlotte/Gastonia and Greensville, Washington, NC
- Indiana, PA
- Hagerstown, MD
- Chambersburg, PA
- Sioux Falls, SD
- Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA
- Seattle, WA
- Appleton, Oshkosh, WI
Yay for 4G in more places! Read More
The Galaxy S III is a big deal. It's kind of hard to overstate it. Samsung is the biggest, baddest Android manufacturer out there, and this is their new flagship device for the next year.
Samsung is taking advantage of their newfound clout in the Android ecosystem: it's the first Android phone to escape the cellular carriers' meddling changes. Sammy managed to pulled off a unified launch across all the major US carriers - there will be no weird variants, and no names that sound like Street Fighter II sequels. Read More
Verizon just started pushing a small OTA update to the Droid Bionic that brings a few small enhancements to the device:
- Recalibrated volume of the call connect and disconnect tones to be more comfortable for Bluetooth® users.
- Improved Visual Voice Mail to ensure delivery of a notification to the Status bar.
- Reduced data stalls to improve 4G LTE data connectivity
While it's not ICS, hopefully it will fix the LTE issues that users have been experiencing for quite some time. Read More
Although it isn't a new feature, one of Samsung's software perks with the Galaxy S3 is the inclusion of 48 GB of free space in a Dropbox account, an offer that lasts two years. Unfortunately, according to an official Dropbox support page, some U.S. users won't have the option to take advantage of this free space.
AT&T and Verizon have chosen to opt out of this promotion, though their reasoning is unclear. Read More
A couple images of the rumored Droid RAZR HD just landed on Droid Life, showing off the back and side the device; while that really isn't much, at least it's something.
For starters, it's pretty obvious that Motorola stuck with the distinct RAZR Kevlar backing, which is quite nice. Otherwise, there's a camera - rumored to be 13MP - a flash, a speaker, and of course, the 4G LTE logo and Verizon branding. Read More