Update #1 11:11AM 6/28/10: Sprint published the official announcement, though only listing the original 3 update points from 4 days ago. Go to the thread and voice your concerns to them if you've bricked your EVO with this update.
Update #2: 6:00PM 6/28/10: Sprint pulled the update because of numerous reports of bricking legitimate unrooted phones. More info as soon as it's available.
If you guys remember, 4 days ago a BGR connection at Sprint leaked information regarding an OTA update for the EVO 4G scheduled to arrive on June 28th and fixing the following issues:
It looks like he wasn't lying, as a 21.43MB v1.47.651.1 OTA did hit EVO 4G this morning:
It is currently not known what exactly was changed, although from what I could gather from the comments over at Engadget:
- 802.11n was indeed enabled
- the grounding issue that prevented the touchscreen from working when the phone is laid flat was fixed (my EVO definitely suffers from that - take a look at this video around 1:40)
- the 30fps limit was NOT fixed
- you can select the resolution for HDMI video out
- the update reportedly breaks the unrevoked root Edit: confirmed