Last Updated: July 24th, 2011
[Updated – July 2, 2010 at 6:30PM EST]
Over the past day or so we’ve seen a flood of Droid X reviews published, so we've decided to round up and summarize the best of them. For any readers who may need a reminder of the details:
- Coming to Verizon July 15
- $200 on contract
- 4.3”, 854 x 480 px
- 720p Video Recording
- 8 MP Camera
- 1 GHz Processor
- Android 2.1 (Eclair) at launch, with 2.2 (FroYo) coming later
- 8 GB onboard, 16 GB mSD card (24 GB total)
- 3 mics – front, back, and bottom
- HDMI out
Pretty impressive stuff, at least on paper.
Last Updated: July 23rd, 2010
Last night, Samsung officially announced their Galaxy S smartphone family at a swank New York City party after several weeks of blurrycam shots, spec sheets and rumors. Spanning all four major US carriers - Sprint, Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile - the Galaxy S flavors stand to be a surging juggernaut in the HTC dominated Android world.
Incidentally, I was at the event and had the pleasure of doing a live blogging session, followed by some hands-on time with all the phones.
Last Updated: July 2nd, 2010
Word over at Boy Genius Report is that the Samsung Moment II will be known as the Samsung Intercept. Technical details are a little scarce right now, but we do know:
- Android 2.1 (Eclair)
- 3.2” display (I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s AMOLED, ‘cause Samsung)
- 4 row, slide-out keyboard
- Wi-Fi (would guess 802.11n)
- 2 Color Choices – Pink or Dark Gray
Given that Samsung doesn’t seem to be in much of a hurry to get their phones hotted-up via FroYo, I doubt they’ll update to Android 2.2 before launch.