Last Updated: January 12th, 2012
Remember this? It was no joke. Ice Cream Sandwich is indeed hitting the Asus Transformer Prime today, and we've got the OTA file to prove it.
Before you frantically skim the post for the download link, listen up: this will update will break root. So beforehand you are going to want to run OTA RootKeeper, so you don't lose root access. Then you are free to update.
After saving your root access, download this (for U.S. Prime models), and enjoy that ice creamy goodness.
Edit by Artem: I've requested detailed installation instructions from our tipster - we'll update the post when we figure everything out.
Last Updated: January 11th, 2012
Lenovo wasn’t on the list of Google TV partners, but for good reason: the company has just announced that, in addition to its new tablet and smartphone, it will soon be launching a “Smart TV” powered by none other than Ice Cream Sandwich.
Indeed, Lenovo hasn’t abandoned all hope of an Android-based TV OS; in fact, the situation is in reality quite the opposite – with the K91, it’ll be embracing everyone’s favorite robot completely. Its (presumably heavily) modified version of the OS will feature:
- Video on Demand that tailors itself to your viewing history
- “Internet applications” (it’s not quite clear whether this indicates something outside of ICS’ regular contents, or just Google’s traditional web browser)
- “Traditional TV programs” (again, it’s not quite clear what’s meant by this)
- Access to the Android Market (of course)
- Access to the Lenovo Store
- Voice control
- Cloud support (yep, that’d be the “personal cloud”)
Powered by a dual-core Snapdragon 8060 CPU, the K91 Smart TV will ship with a 5MP (!) webcam for video chat and a full HD IPS display at 240hz with SRS TruSurround.
Last Updated: June 16th, 2012
Make no mistake about it - the Galaxy Nexus is the most important phone of 2011. It's the first device from the next generation of Android. It hits every major feature the phones of 2012 will be touting: On-screen buttons, a massive 720p OLED screen, NFC, LTE, and Ice Cream Sandwich. Together these things make this phone unlike any other Android phone. This is what Android's future looks like.
- CPU: 1.2 GHz, Dual Core TI OMAP 4460
- GPU: 384 MHz PowerVR SGX540
- RAM: 1 GB
- Storage: 32GB (28GB usable, no SD card)
- Screen: 4.65" 720p Super AMOLED PenTile
- Camera: 5MP rear, 1.3MP front, 1080p Video
- Battery: 1,850 mAh
- OS: Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich (Stock)
- Weight: 135 g (4.8 oz)
- Dimensions: 135.5 mm x 67.94 mm x 9.47 mm
- Verizon LTE
- Ice Cream Sandwich is a revolution.