Right after Motorola announces that the Xyboard's update would be pushed back, this happens. Verizon just updated the 8.2's support docs with details of an impending update, which includes Android 4.0.
The update also brings a handful of other fixes, including:
+ Includes the latest Motorola USB driver to allow Xyboard to connect to a computer to transfer files.
+ Securely refresh your Corporate Email account with the native email client.
Hot on the heels of ASUS pushing out Jelly Bean to the TF300, Motorola has announced that ICS is now available for the Wi-Fi Xyboard 10.1 and 8.2.
The update should be rolling out OTA-style now, and brings a host of new features:
- Updated Browser with faster rendering, zoom and pan: Users can also now save pages for offline reading and request desktop versions of websites.
- Swipe to dismiss notifications and recent apps: You can now dismiss individual notifications and apps from the Recent Apps list with a simple swipe of a finger.
The first Droid-branded tablet duo, the Droid Xyboard 10.1 and 8.2, are both in line to receive an update from Big Red. The OTA includes basically the same features for both:
- Enhanced browser performance to improve scrolling.
- Improved touch response.
- Maintain data connection when switching between Wi-Fi and the Verizon 3G and 4G LTE networks.
- Successfully connect to 4G LTE network and see the 4G LTE indicator.
- The Daily application now comes preloaded.