While not nearly as big a deal as the Froyo rollout for the Droid X, Verizon is also releasing an update for the Samsung Fascinate today. Doesn't look like users will receive a notification for the update quite yet, so to get it you'll need to check for it manually.
Instant notification of Visual Voice Mail messages on your messaging bar.
Improved syncing between your phone and email accounts.
Planning on picking up the Samsung Fascinate? Might want to take a look at this first: BGR has Verizon's known issues list for the Fascinate in their hot little hands. None of the issues necessarily seem major, but there are quite a few little ones - which can certainly add up.
Many of the issues seem like minor oversights. For example:
- Alert notifications can't be changed
- Caller ID bug when you're on the line and get a second call
- Soft key backlighting isn't tied to screen timeout (it should)
- When deleting emails, there's no status bar/window - so it appears the phone is hanging
- Downloaded apps are sorted by date downloaded rather than alphabetically
- During activation, there's no reboot warning before the phone does so
Another area with a fair number of bugs seems to be email:
- Email sync error - sometimes screen goes dark and throws an error
- When Exchange security policy is in use, you can't change email password
- Lock and Lock screen issues when using Exchange ActiveSync
- Corporate email special characters issues
- Corporate email inbox error
It's important to remember that phones on all carriers have similar lists, they just generally don't make it public. Read More
Verizon sent out a press release this morning announcing that the Samsung Fascinate we've been hearing so much about lately will, in fact, be dropping on September 9 (as rumored). Even better, it'll be up for sale online tomorrow (September 8\) - meaning you won't be able to get your grubby paws on it until the 9th at the earliest anyway.
As rumored, pricing will be $300 with a $100 mail-in-rebate (MIR), for a final cost of $200. Read More
Not a bad news day for a Friday, eh? Android Central just got an awesome tip (and accompanying blurrycam photo from the Verizon system) which seems to confirm the rumored launch details of the Samsung Fascinate. Namely, the device will be launching 9/9 with new-contract pricing of $200. Better still, it'll be buy-one-get-any (BOGA) - in other words, it looks like you can actually get two Fascinate's for $200. Not a bad deal at all. Read More