A new version of SwiftKey X has been released to private beta testers, and it brings quite a few improvements. Chief among them: the ability to learn from your blog via RSS - certainly a nifty feature. Other highlights include better error reporting, general performance improvements, and a number of bug fixes. The update also brings a new novelty feature in the form of the "My typing heatmap," which keeps track of keystrokes and displays a "heatmap" of the keyboard.
What's new in this version?
- Autocaps toggle - now choose whether your sentences begin with a capital letter or not
- Better personalization - SwiftKey can now learn your typing style from your blog
- Language switching - easy transitions between (e.g.) English and Russian keyboards, just slide the spacebar
- More stats about how you type with SwiftKey - and more links to share them
- My typing heatmap - cool visualization shows how you use your keyboard
- Alternative character selection - now select with a slide rather than a new tap (this works for smileys too)
- Instant language updates - refresh your language list to see new languages and new updates as soon as they are ready
- Various layout and user interface usability improvements.